HOW TO MAKE PULSE:
Soak grain in water eight hours. Rinse several times then drain. Sprout for 24 hours, rinsing several times, then add other ingredients. Store in fridge for up to a week.
These recipes can be made entirely from food storage, and without cooking!
You will then get the added benefit of live enzymes found only in uncooked grains, fruits and vegetables.
- 2 C. wheat (soak 8 hrs., sprout 24 hrs.)
- 1 ½ sliced pecans (soak 8 hours)
- ¼ of a minced onion
- 1 C. chopped mushrooms
- 1 C. chopped tomato (or used dried tomatoes, reconstituted)
- 1 C. fresh corn, or frozen
- 1 tsp. savory
- 1 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Can add peppers or celery.
FRUIT NUT PULSE
- 3 C. grain (1 each wheat, oats, barley, (soak 8 hrs., sprout 24 hrs.)
- ½ C. almonds, soak 8 hours, drain
- ½ C. dried apricots (soak 4 hours, save liquid) or use fresh
- ½ C. raisens
- 6 dates, chopped
- ½ C. cashews or other nuts (soaked 4 hours)
- ¼ C. maple syrup
- ½ t. salt
APPLE OAT PULSE
2 C. oat groats (soak 8 hrs., sprout 24 hrs.)
2.C. buckwheat (soak 8 hrs., sprout 24 hrs.)
3 C. dried apples ( soak 4 hours) can use fresh
1. C. raisins
1. C. pecans, walnuts, or any nuts, raw, and soaked 4-8 hours.
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ c. maple syrup or honey
½ tsp. salt
Mix and enjoy! Can be stored in fridge for up to a week.
- 1 C. buckwheat
- 1 C.sunflower seeds
- ½ C. flax seeds
- ½ C. almonds or other nuts (soaked 4-6 hours)
Mix in 2 qt. jar, soak 8 hours, rinse well, drain, sprout 24 hours rinsing several time.
This is delicious eaten fresh, with a little honey or raw Sucanat (dehydrated cane juice) or fresh fruit. It can be dried till crispy, then add dried fruit, raisins, dates or apples.
SWEDISH LIMPA PULSA
- 2 C. kamut (soak 8 hours, rinse drain, sprout 24 hours.)
- 1 C. rye (same)
- 1 T. fennel seed
- 1 T. caraway seed
- 2 C. dried apples (reconstituted, fresh apples can be used)
- 1 C. sunflower seeds (soaked 8 hours, drain)
- 1 C. dates (chopped) or raisins
- 1 zest from one orange
- ¼ C. carob powder
- ¼ t. salt
Mix, and enjoy! Can be stored in fridge for up to a week.
- 6 C. oatmeal
- 1 C. coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/3 C. Sesame seeds
- ¼ C. sunflower seeds (soaked for 4 hours)
- ¼ C. pumpkin seeds (soaked for 4 hours)
- 1 C. slivered almonds or walnuts
Mix well, then add:
- ½ C. olive oil
- 1/3 C. honey or agave
- 2 t. vanilla
Mix together, and stir into dry ingredients. Place on dehydrator sheets, or in oven (lowest setting) for several hours. Enjoy!
Recipes via Andra Coccimiglo